10 min. 15 min.
2 – 4 oranges
1 – 2 lemons
1 -2 tblsp caster sugar
300ml double cream
sponge fingers or trifle sponges
3 tblsp Cointreau or other orange liqueur
Seasonal fruit to garnish
1. Take four individual pretty glass dessert dishes and break a couple of sponges fingers into each one.
2. Sprinkle with the liqueur.
3. Remove the zests from the oranges and lemons and extract all the juice and place all into a bowl with the caster sugar.
4. In a separate bowl whip the cream until just beginning to thicken then gradually add the zest and juice along with another tblsp of liqueur.
5. Carefully spoon over the sponge fingers and chill for at least two or three hours.
^. Serve decorated with seasonal fruit and a little extra zest.