20 min. Minimum 3 hours to chill in fridge min.
250g good quality dark chocolate (min 55% cocoa solids is fine)
25g unsalted butter
250g sweetened chestnut spread
250g double cream
2 -3 tblsp Baileys
100g Amaretti biscuits, roughly crushes
Edible glitter, silver & gold balls, stars etc to decorate
- Oil 4 individual metal pudding basins and line each base with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot water. Leave to cool slightly.
- Place the cream into a large mixing bowl and add the chestnut spread. Whisk together until starting to thicken, add the Baileys and whisk again until floppy. Ideally, it should be the same consistency as the chocolate.
- Gently fold the chocolate into the cream mixture and then add the crushed biscuits, mixing gently.
- Spoon carefully into the basins and level the tops, then chill for a minimum of three hours or overnight.
- To unmould, use a small kitchen blowtorch briefly on the outsides of the basins and turn out onto dessert plates.
- Decorate as the fancy takes you with edible glitter, silver & gold balls, stars etc.